Expounding on her experiences as an archaeologist in Ashkelon, Amanda entertains audiences with personal and biblical anecdotes that illuminate confusing and often-misunderstood biblical texts. Highlights include
- Solomon's temple architecture,
- Israelite and Jewish divination tools,
- ancient burial practices, and
- the "inn" where Jesus was born.
Swimming the Red Sea of Reeds: How Ancient Contexts Inform Scripture
- the Israelites may have thought they were honoring God with their golden calf,
- the "Proverbs 31 woman" was never intended as a role model, and
- prophecy can be fulfilled again and again.