Swimming the Red Sea of Reeds: How Ancient Contexts Inform ScriptureComplimenting the message in her second book, Mary Magdalene Never Wore Blue Eye Shadow: How to Trust the Bible When Truth and Tradition Collide, Amanda explains the importance of context when studying Scripture. Audiences will learn, among other things, that
- Isaac was a willing participant in his own near-sacrifice,
- the Israelites may have thought they were honoring God with their golden calf,
- the "Proverbs 31 woman" was never intended as a role model, and
- prophecy can be fulfilled again and again.
- Solomon's temple architecture,
- Israelite and Jewish divination tools,
- ancient burial practices, and
- the "inn" where Jesus was born.