Providing context with native languages, historical facts, literary genres, and relevant anecdotes, Haley demonstrates how Scripture—when read in its original context—is more than a collection of fairytales or a massive rulebook. It’s God’s revelation of Himself to us.
She teaches you…
- to understand how the books of the Bible were written, transmitted, and translated;
- to recognize the differences between genuine Scripture and popular doctrines;
- to boldly seek God in His own words, ask questions of tradition, and find answers in the texts; and
- to grow in your understanding of God and appreciation of the Bible’s intimate and complex revelation of His nature.
Let's abandon the gods of tradition, and meet God in His Word.
While on a three-month-long tour, Jeremy met and built a friendship with the lead singer of another band. In a beautiful and inspiring story their love unfolded taking them both by surprise. After 15 years of marriage, Jeremy and Adrienne have experienced devastating losses and incredible joy, and have grown alongside each other. They continue to build a friendship as they juggle life and frequent separations, due to tour schedules, with the demands and stressors of parenting their three kids.
In Unison is the story of the lessons they’ve learned in love and marriage told from each of their voices. They vulnerably share the highs and lows of life together and offer practical advice for how to deal with conflict, manage finances, move through grief, and work to build your own family culture. You can’t do marriage without Jesus, and when you keep Him in the middle, together, you can build a lasting love.
Co-written with theologian, fellow redhead, and friend, Amanda Hope Haley.
Available March 3, 2020, wherever books are sold. Pre-order today:
Amazon Barnes & Noble Books-A-Million ChristianBook.com
Amanda's first book, Barren among the Fruitful: Navigating Infertility with Hope, Wisdom, and Patience, is now available from HarperCollins Christian Publishers online and in bookstores nationwide. It is an entertaining, insightful, and well-researched survey of the infertility challenges a growing number of women are facing in America and other developed nations. Inside you'll find
- Basic statistics on the prevalence of infertility,
- Simple explanations of the most commonly used infertility treatments,
- Thoughtful discussions about marital, social, physical, financial, and faith issues that complicate a diagnosis of infertility,
- Practical suggestions on how to comfort friends struggling to have children,
- Humorous anecdotes from my own seven-year struggle and failure to carry a pregnancy to full-term,
- Personal stories of over a dozen women whose "family planning" didn't go as they intended, and
- Fresh perspective on the plans God has for women--both barren and fruitful.
Whether you are currently struggling to have children, are making plans to start a family, are suffering the pain of never conceiving or of losing a child, or are wanting to better understand someone enduring fertility treatments; this book is written for you and about you.