Camels Can Thread Needles: How First-Century Contexts Inform ScriptureComplimenting the message in her second book (title tbd), Amanda explains the importance of literary, historical, and textual criticism when studying Scripture. Audiences will learn, among other things, that
- Isaac was a willing participant in his own near-sacrifice,
- the Israelites thought they were honoring God with their golden calf,
- the "Proverbs 31 woman" is not intended to be a role model, and
- prophecy can be fulfilled again and again.
- Solomon's temple architecture,
- Israelite and Jewish divination tools,
- ancient burial practices, and
- the "inn" where Jesus was born.